Acredited Course at Foundation level in Upholstery.
Course fees are £800 plus £60 administration fees for a 1 year (36 weeks) course. The syllabus includes:
Outcome 1 – Design for craft is a common unit for all qualification at this level. It introduces you to the way in which design ideas develop so that you can take them forward into your chosen craft.
Outcome 2 – Craft is a specific unit for the subject you have chosen to study. Details of what you have to produce as evidence are shown below. You will gain skills in the practice of upholstery and in the knowledge of materials, techniques and processes applicable to this level of work.
Next Course starts Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th September 2019
A deep buttoned item with modern techniques.
This item can be a stool or ottoman box covered using modern upholstery techniques and deep buttoning. The stool will have hand finished legs and the ottoman must be covered and padded inside and out.
A traditional piece with individual design work.
A drop-in seat, traditionally stuffed, for a dining chair.
A piece of art work must be created and applied to the seat taken from the design work covered during the course.
1. Investigate current trends in the craft.
2. Investigate the work of contemporary designer makers in the craft.
3. List major designer makers influencing current trends in the craft.
4. List major museum collections, exhibitions and/or websites related to the craft.
5. Record research at museums, exhibitions and websites, related to the craft.